UI / Product Designer
Job Title: UI/Product (web app) Designer
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Hours: 12-month contract
Start Date: November 2018
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Company description: At BioRender, we are building a platform to empower scientists to accelerate their research by helping them visually communicate their research. We’re an early stage, fast-paced venture-backed start-up, and your work will directly impact our users and their experience with the product.
We’ve got perks like equity, flexible hours, free coffee, snacks, casual environment, fun off-sites, and a ‘no BS’ culture. That being said, we’re looking for a self-starter who has excellent time management skills, sweats the details, truly cares about helping to accelerate science, and doesn’t mind occasional late nights in the office to get the job done!
- Strong experience (3+ years) in digital product design
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field
- Experience working in health/science related product development is a plus
- Very detail oriented and have up-to-date knowledge on design trends
- Passionate about design but always consider functionality over aesthetics
- Be able to interface/collaborate with full-stack developer for seamless integration
- Candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
- Work closely with our UX Researcher and full-stack developers to integrate feedback from users to take BioRender’s application interface design to the next level
- Re-design the BioRender.io landing page (marketing site) to ensure cohesiveness with web app
- Ensure that the web app design integrates well with the rest of the company’s supporting pages (sign-in page, email communication etc)
- This is a 1-2 month contract position with possibility of extension
- Assist with promotional design material as needed (conference material, etc)
Apply: Please email [email protected] with your resume, portfolio with relevant samples, availability and a short blurb about yourself.